Terms and Conditions of Use
Our web site and services provided to you on and through our web site are on an “as is” basis. You agree that the owners of this web site exclusively reserve the right to and may, at any time and without notice or any liability to you, modify or discontinue this web site and its services or delete the data you provide, whether temporarily or permanently. We shall have no responsibility or liability for the timeliness, deletion, failure to store, inaccuracy, or improper delivery of any data or information.
3. Licensed Platform
SavvySwitch uses data provided by CIMET SALES PTY LTD ABN 72 620 395 726 of Level 13, 333 George Street Sydney NSW (CIMET) and SavvySwitch takes no responsibility for the Energy Plan Comparison or its results and does not warrant that the information is accurate, complete or up-to-date. In respect of energy plans, you must always read the relevant terms and conditions supplied by the supplier before deciding to purchase the plan. The energy plans compared on the web site are not necessarily all energy plans available in the market. The plans compared for you will depend on where your property is located and not all energy retailers and plans are available in all locations. The plans compared for your property will be listed in the supplier and plan table generated for your postcode. A selection of energy plans from some of the following energy retailers may be compared on this site depending upon your property location: EnergyAustralia, ActewAGL, Powershop, Sumo Power, Alinta Energy, 1st Energy, Next Business Energy, Powerdirect and AGL. Not all brands are available all the time. You acknowledge that
- CIMET and SavvySwitch are in the relationship of Principal and Independent Contractor; neither party acts as agent of the other
- SavvySwitch has made reasonable investigation of the Platform to ensure its suitability for the provision of the advertised services but cannot guarantee the relevance or quality of outcomes from your access to the Platform through the web site
- Availability of the Platform is dependent on the services of CIMET and not within the immediate control of SavvySwitch
- You will verify the information and pricing provided from the Energy Plan Comparison with the relevant supplier before you purchase an energy plan
- SavvySwitch and CIMET will receive commissions for any new business written by suppliers by reason of selections made on the web site
- For CIMET terms and conditions go to https://www.cimet.com.au/terms-and-conditions/
5. Your Conduct
We shall not be responsible to you in any way for the content that appears on this web site nor for any error or omission. You explicitly agree, in using this web site or any service provided, that you shall not
- provide any Content or perform any conduct that may be unlawful, illegal, threatening, harmful, abusive, harassing, stalking, tortious, defamatory, libelous, vulgar, obscene, offensive, objectionable, pornographic, designed to or does interfere or interrupt this web site or any service provided, infect with a virus or other destructive or deleterious programming routine, give rise to civil or criminal liability, or which may violate an applicable local, national or international law
- impersonate or misrepresent your association with any person or entity, or forge or otherwise seek to conceal or misrepresent the origin of any content provided by you
- collect or harvest any data about other user, provide or use this web site and any content or service in any commercial manner or in any manner that would involve junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of unauthorised advertising without our prior written consent
- provide any content that may give rise to our civil or criminal liability or which may constitute or be considered a violation of any local, national or international law, including but not limited to laws relating to copyright, trademark, patent, or trade secrets.
6. Third Party Services
Services of third parties are advertised and made available on or through this web site. Representations made regarding products and services provided by third parties are governed by the policies and representations made by these third parties. We shall not be liable for or responsible in any manner for any of your dealings or interaction with third parties.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand and agree that your use of this web site and any services or content provided (the “service”) is made available and provided to you at your own risk. It is provided to you “as is” and we expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, implied or express, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability, fitness for particular purposes, and non-infringement. We make no warranty, implied or express, that any part of the service will be uninterrupted, error-free, virus-free, timely, secure, accurate, reliable, of any quality, nor that any content is safe in any manner for download. You understand and agree that neither us nor any participant in the service provides professional advice of any kind and that use of such advice or any other information is solely at your own risk and without our liability of any kind. Some jurisdictions may not allow disclaimers of implied warranties and the above disclaimer may not apply to you only as it relates to implied warranties.
9. Limitation of Liability
You expressly understand and agree that we shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible loss (even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from or arising out of
- the use of or the inability to use the service
- the cost to obtain substitute resulting from any transaction entered into on or through the service
- unauthorised access to or alteration of your data transmissions
- statements or conduct of any third party on the service, or
- any other matter relating to the service.
In some jurisdictions, it is not permitted to limit liability and therefore such limitations may not apply to you.
10. Reservation of Rights
We reserve all our rights, including but not limited to any and all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, and any other proprietary right that we may have on our web site, its content, and the services that may be provided. The use of our rights and property requires our prior written consent. We are not providing you with any implied or express licenses or rights by making services available to you and you will have no rights to make any commercial uses of our web site or service without our prior written consent.
11. Notification of Copyright Infringement
If you believe that your property has been used in any way that would be considered copyright infringement or a violation of your intellectual property rights, our copyright agent may be contacted at Contact Us
12. Applicable Law
- By continuing to browse or otherwise accessing the web site, you signal acceptance of the terms and disclaimer set out above. If you do not accept any of these terms, leave this web site now.
- The information contained in this web site is a guide only; the information is provided by SavvySwitch in good faith and while we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, expressed or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the web site or the information, services, data or related graphics contained on the web site for any purpose; any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
- In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with the use of this web site.
- Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly; but SavvySwitch takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the web site being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.